From Chef Barney Hannagan
- 4 pieces of parchment paper, each approximately 1 ½ feet long
- 3 Tbsp Corto® Agrumato-Method Calabrian Chili Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small Delicata squash, halved, de-seeded and cut into ¼-inch slices (no need to peel)
- 1 small Acorn squash, roughly peeled, quartered, de-seeded, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4-5 oz Trumpet or King mushrooms, halved if larger than the size of your finger
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 lemon, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 2 ¾-lb pieces of skin-off Halibut, approximately 1 ½ inches thick (a nice center cut)
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
Halibut en Papillote (en-pa-pee-yawt) basically translates to “fish in paper.” It is a fabulous way to cook fish as baking it in paper locks in all the juices and flavor of whatever it is that you're adding to the tasty parcel. The paper allows the fish to delicately steam inside the oven while absorbing the flavor of the Corto® Agrumato-Method Calabrian Chili Olive Oil. To serve, the fish is complemented well with a light salad with herbs.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
On a counter or cutting board, overlap two pieces of parchment for each parcel.
In a large bowl, coat the squash, onion and garlic in Corto® Agrumato-Method Calabrian Chili Olive Oil and season well with sea salt and cracked pepper.
Place the squash mixture in the center of each paper parcel and top with the tarragon and lemon slices. Add the trumpet mushrooms around the outside to absorb the cooking juices.
Season both sides of the Halibut with sea salt, then place directly on top of the squash mix.
To form the parcel, you basically want to make a neat little present. Lift the sides of the paper and align the two top edges. Fold the edges together and crease to form a tight seal. Starting on one end, fold and tuck edges under the fish to secure, then repeat with the other end. You should have two tightly-sealed little presents. Place each onto sheet trays and bake for 35-40 minutes. Once cooked, allow to rest in the parcel for 3-5 minutes.
To serve, divide fish and vegetables onto four plates. Drizzle with Corto® Agrumato-Method Calabrian Chili Olive Oil and top with salad.